IOT System Engineer
NIC Systems Inc., a.k.a. NICerp, focuses on product development and ERP implementation, all product development is done in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (BC), but we continue to support Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) for our existing Customers as well. Our clients are mid to enterprise size companies. Our services and demands are growing rapidly, and we are in need to add more experts to our team.
The technical responsibilities of an IOT developer will involve working with the team to brainstorm, design, and implement new IOT product development and product management. The ideal candidate must know the basis of IOT sensors, HTTP protocols, LoRaWAN and 6LoWPAN protocols and standards.
This is a full-time contract position with the possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an IOT system and algorithm for multiple nodes, devices, and sensors from concept to the final production, hardware, and the system
- Plan and implement integration processes to the gateways and other applications
- Prepare all bill of materials for the IOT system
- Prepare IOT hardware signal documentation for the software development team
- Assist the software development team to develop the IOT system
- Works with other department heads and executives to consistently plan, evolve and improve operational efficiency through the system with excellent communication skills,
- Ensure the IOT system functionality support business requirements
- Collaborating with other consultant, designed and developer
- Maintain and support custom developed integrations and document all work for future improvements and development,
Must Have Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering or Computer Science/ engineering or in another similar discipline with a good programming component,
- Two years or more experience with IOT systems and protocols
- Experience of developing embedded system is an asset
- Experience with different networks and routings with 3rd party applications are assets
- Strong problem solving and technical skills and skilled at writing technical documentation, functional requirements, flow-charting, data mapping specifications,
- Ability to interact with internal and external business stakeholders,
- Function well in an individual role and within a team,
- Must have high attention to details,
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and be a multitask resource,
- Well communication skills, specifically in writing and technical documentation.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Warehouse Management, and Financial Management
- Experience in digital signal processing (DSP)
- Solid experiences with software development process and full life cycle
- Has developed software on microcontrollers for small consumer electronic devices (i.e., wearables or IOT devices)
- Experience and knowledge of RDLC, SSRS, .NET, PHP, Java, C, C++, C#, Python, SQL server, MySQL, Linux,
- Familiar with different software development methodologies,
- Salary DOE
- Healthcare including Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- RRSP Benefits
- Internet and Cell Phone allowances
- Remote/WFH flexibility
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your interest in this opportunity.
NO SOLICITATION: We are a direct hire company, private recruiters, solicitors, staffing, placement, and head-hunter agencies, please do not contact this company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.